Sunday, March 13, 2011

Master Bedroom Remodel....sort of.

So the first project of the new house was our Master Bedroom. It was covered in an awesome early American toile wallpaper. So before we even moved in we thought we'd knock this room out in a week. I mean...all I planned to do was take down a little wall paper and paint. Easy squeezy.

Well that easy 1 week project turned into my WORST nightmare.


It turned out that that awesome wall paper I was telling you about, well...first off, it was the old paper style...pre vinyl wallpaper. Secondly, some *cough* one decided to glue the wallpaper straight to the sheetrock. No primer or paint in between. So needless to say that 1 week project turned into a solid 2 weeks of just meticulously scraping wallpaper. Which it turn tore the wall into the texture of a backwoods Arkansas road. 
So 2 weeks later I was ready for mudding. Let's fast forward another week - two weeks. Yes...I spent another 2 weeks just floating sheetrock mud. For some reason I'm a perfectionist...must be the engineer in me. 

A word of advice: Use a light weight mud when floating and also a large trowel. Don't put it on too thick because you'll have to sand it down smooth. You're better off going light and floating 2 or 3 times. 

So 4 weeks later I was on to painting. The EASY part. 

Sadly I've gotten down to this point of the blog...AND I CAN'T FIND MY FINISHED PHOTOS! I think that constitutes a blog FAIL. All of the before's and no afters. 

I'll dig around my old computer and see where I have them. But up next is the construction of my new deck. I plan to break the post's into the different phases of the project. More soon. 

3 comments:

  1. Matt and I love your guys' house. Good luck on the remodeling. Seems like you're doing a great job at it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete